Colostomy UK 50k callenge


I'm supporting the 'Colostomy UK' 50K challenge which aims to prove that having a stoma is not a barrier to being active by inviting people with stomas to do a variety of activities that count towards an overall 50,000KM over a 6 month period. People can walk, jog, run, climb, swim or cycle any number of metres and can also raise funds for the charity through sponsorship.

I'm already trying to be fairly active and the reason I started this blog was to show people that you can live a healthy and active lifestyle when you have a stoma so this challenge was something I was keen to get involved with.

After registering I was sent a pack which contained a 50K challenge t shirt that I could wear when exercising to help raise awareness and a pedometer to track my progress. I'll then log any activity on the Colostomy UK website which can be done daily, weekly or monthly. There's a live counter on the website that shows the total of KM
travelled so far by everyone, the number of participants involved and the funds raised.

This is a great initiative on a national scale to really raise awareness that people with stomas can do anything from swimming to climbing and I'm looking forward to hearing all about what other ostomates are doing! The hashtag for the campaign is #activeostomates

I've already worn my 50K challenge t shirt and look forward to wearing it to other events, mainly when I'm jogging and hopefully answer any questions anyone has about it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfizz support wear review

Support wear

Instagram