My first 10K

I've recently completed my first 10K run (jog/plod) and I was thrilled that I didn't crawl up the hill to the finish but managed to maintain a steady pace the whole way round.

The course was off-road a mixture of fields, woodland and tracks - a very scenic course and I'm keen to do more trail running as I enjoy being out in the countryside and running by wildlife/surroundings like lakes or reservoirs. 

I went on to complete another 10K that was more road based (not on the same day obviously!) I did this by doing a 5K Parkrun and then doing the same course again - making 4 laps in total. I knew I was never going to get a new PB for the Parkrun but I surprised myself at getting a time that wasn't too far off what I usually run it in, considering I was actively conserving energy knowing I needed to do twice what I usually do. I expected a few more people to be doing this however I was the only one and it did make a big difference, Parkrun is great as you're running in a large group of people and there are always people ahead of me that I can aim to keep pace with and to spur me on. Without anyone else around me or behind me I had to dig deep to keep going and complete the 10K I'm planning to do this again on some of my Parkruns - not sure I could do it every week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfizz support wear review

Support wear

Instagram