Post surgery reflection

I recently celebrated my '1 year stomaversary' of my second permanent stoma and got a bit emotional thinking of all the things I am now able to do thanks to modern medicine and the surgical techniques that formed my stoma.

Since having my stoma I've been paddleboarding, taken part in an aquathlon, started jogging and completed my first 10K. None of these are particularly ground-breaking for a lot of people but I find that I need to do more than a 'normal' person to stay fit and to get back to my pre-surgery weight/body I was happy with. I know that part of this is age but also that I am not absorbing all the goodness from foods that a 'normal' person with a functioning colon would be.

The one year has flown by and I'm grateful on a daily basis that my stoma is enabling me to live an active lifestyle.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfizz support wear review

Support wear

Instagram