Trail running

I've recently signed up for two trail runs that look pretty serious as I've been emailed a required kit list for the events! I'm not getting too far ahead of myself and they're both 10K or under as that's the maximum distance I have run so far. I've also signed up for a trail running workshop as I do like to do things properly! I watched a video where a sports injury coach mentioned that running is the only sport where people literally buy a pair of shoes and just start running...you wouldn't do that with anything else like rugby or tennis and he explained that's why so many people get running injuries, as they don't have any technique. I'm looking forward to learning some techniques at the workshop to help with injury prevention and also meeting some like-minded people who are beginners to trail running and are looking to attend sessions that the workshop providers run (literally!)

I watched another video about the ethos of trail running and that it's more about the journey/being in the moment/the accomplishment of the route you have run and appreciating your surroundings more than the time it has taken to complete the run and this really struck a chord with me - I feel that if I continue jogging/running, I'll get the most satisfaction from trail runs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfizz support wear review

Support wear

Instagram