Strengthening your core

Before I had my second surgery for Crohn's I had more time to prepare for it and worked to strengthen my core. I continued to do this after surgery and do basic exercises at home to get me mobile again during recovery and ready for a higher intensity level of exercises.

The below exercises can all be done at home, I just used an exercise mat for added comfort and for some of the pelvic floor exercises in the me+ programme I did these on my bed to begin with as advised by my stoma nurse.

I checked with my stoma nurse and my surgeon at follow up appointments when I could begin exercising.

The below Convatec me+ recovery programme includes videos that take you through foundation phase, to progress phase to getting fitter phase. I still do some of these exercises now and will continue to do so to keep my core strong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfizz support wear review

Support wear

Instagram