Ending January on a high

I feel like I've ended the first month of 2018 on a high as I took part in the monthly 5k at Kedleston Hall. This event is organised by Jog Derbyshire and costs just £2 per person with 5k and 10k options.

The only jogging I have done is a handful of parkruns and as I heard people singing the chorus of 'mud glorious mud' as we warmed I did think about going back to the car as I wondered just what I had signed up to!

The course was more of a trail than I have been used to with parkruns, with lots of mud to contend with near the end. My trainers just about stayed on but I nearly went face down a few times.

I plan to use this event to help me increase the distance I can jog, so in the future I'll do more than 5k on the day and gradually work up to 10k. The 10k route sounded interesting as it isn't just another circuit of the 5k but takes a different route around the estate.

I wasn't too optimistic about what my time would be as this was my first 5k of 2018 but I got a new PB for that distance on a course that was new to me. I was thrilled as I had wanted to make it round the course and get an idea of what it involved so I knew for next time. I felt stronger and fitter on the course and feel like everything I'm doing is paying off. Everyone has different goals when jogging and for me it's not so much the overall time but if I can stay at a steady continuous pace for the whole course. I had lots of people overtake me, as I do in parkrun, that then go on to walk for long stretches and then sprint for a stretch and continue this pattern. I prefer to try to maintain a continuous pace and now I know the course, I can give it a bit more power in some areas as I'll know how far round I am.

I'm already looking forward to the next time I can jog at this event!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfizz support wear review

Support wear

Instagram