Paddleboarding

In October 2017 I tried paddleboarding for the first time. As I was 6 months post surgery I tried not to fall in the water and if I did not to hang around in there for too long as areas were still healing! Having a strong core gives you a headstart in paddleboarding so after abdominal surgery I knew it would be a bit of a challenge. I also don't think I have very good balance and this also really helps with this activity. 

I actually managed to progress from kneeling to standing during the session and was happy enough to leave it at that...I didn't try many active turns when standing as I was worried about falling in as well as not actually being able to get back on the paddleboard again. I wasn't as worried about falling into the water but more the sensation of when you fall your body generally naturally reacts with everything tensing as the feeling of falling kicks in and I was worried about pulling muscles in my abdomen area. I was happy enough to cruise along the river standing up until i felt I needed to kneel down again. 

I wore my Suportx heavy duty support belt under my wetsuit and also felt the material/structure of the wetsuit provided good support so I didn't do or wear anything else differently on the day. 

I would definitely look to do this activity again and now I'm 10 months post surgery, I don't see that there is anything holding me back from getting more active in a session. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfizz support wear review

Support wear

Instagram